- Publication date:
- Squire Patton Boggs (82)
- Hogan Lovells (74)
- Norton Rose Fulbright (53)
- Marler Clark LLP, PS (43)
- Reed Smith LLP (37)
- Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP (29)
- Covington & Burling LLP (21)
- Proskauer Rose LLP (20)
- McDermott Will & Emery (19)
- Latham & Watkins LLP (16)
- Bergeson & Campbell, PC (16)
- Walker & O'Neill, P.A. (15)
- Fox Rothschild LLP (13)
- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP (12)
- Danko Meredith (10)
- Keller Heckman (10)
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP (9)
- Baker & Hostetler LLP (7)
- Husch Blackwell LLP (7)
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP (7)
- DLA Piper (6)
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP (6)
- Kirk Hartley (6)
- Viking Advocates, LLC (5)
- Thompson Hine LLP (5)
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (5)
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP (5)
- McGuireWoods LLP (5)
- LexBlog (5)
- Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A. (5)
- National Whistleblower Legal Defense (4)
- Law Office of Thomas J. Crane (4)
- Baker McKenzie (4)
- Barry Barnett, Esq. (4)
- Edward Poll & Associates (3)
- Howard M. Friedman (3)
- Fred L. Abrams, Attorney At Law (3)
- Shipman & Goodwin LLP (3)
- Jon Hyman (3)
- Thomas O. Gorman (2)
- Liebert Cassidy Whitmore (2)
- Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP (2)
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP (2)
- 3 Geeks (2)
- Perkins Coie LLP (2)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (2)
- Columbia Law School (2)
- Stoel Rives LLP (2)
- Quarles & Brady LLP (2)
- Lane Powell PC (2)
- France’s Highest Administrative Court Provides Insights on Lawful Cookie Practices
Court’s decision struck down blanket prohibition on so-called “cookie walls” that prevent users from accessing a website or an application. By Myria Saarinen and Charlotte Guérin France’s Highest Administrative Court (the Conseil d’Etat) issued a decision on 19 June 2020 upholding most of the guidance on cookies and other tracking devices that the French Data...
- NFL Agent Todd France And CAA Mutually Part Ways
NFL agent Todd France and Creative Artists Agency (CAA) have mutually agreed to part ways. What is next for France is not yet known, but he is sure to try to keep the many talented NFL players who have signed Standard Representation Agreements (SRAs) with him. As of the latest count of NFL Players Association...
- France Foreign Investment Control – New Rules Temporarily Applicable to non-EU/EEA Investments Enter Into Force Today
On July 23, 2020, the Government published a Decree no. 2020-892 (the “Decree”) and a Ministerial Order (the “Ministerial Order”) both of July 22, 2020 on the temporary lowering of the threshold triggering control of foreign investments in French listed companies. The Decree aims to temporarily reduce the threshold triggering review of non-EU/EEA investments when...
- July 2020 Trade Law Update
In Husch Blackwell’s July 2020 Trade Law Newsletter, you’ll learn about the following updates in international trade and supply chain law: President Trump’s Executive Order ends Hong Kong country of origin USTR announces additional duties on cosmetics and handbags from France and delays the effective date until January 2021 An update on U.S. Department of Commerce decisions...
- France also affected by Listeria in enoki mushrooms
France has become the fifth country to report Listeria in enoki mushrooms from South Korea. It was already known that 36 people fell sick and four died in the United States from November 2016 to December 2019. Six illnesses were recorded in Canada between 2017 and 2019 and five in Australia between October 2017 and...
- The Tale of Choupette the Cat and Other Common Issues in Trust and Estate Litigation
When Karl Lagerfeld passed away in February of 2019 in France, many speculated that his cat, Choupette, was well provided for as part of his estimated $150 million estate. This pampered feline was much loved by Mr. Lagerfeld during his life, and appeared in photoshoots and featured in many high-end fashion magazines. However, over a...
- U.S. Methionine Producer Files Antidumping Petitions on Imports from France, Japan and Spain
On July 29, 2020, Novus International, Inc. (Novus) filed petitions with the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) and the U.S. International Trade Commission (Commission) seeking antidumping duties (ADD) on imports of methionine from France, Japan and Spain. The petition alleges that imports of methionine “more than doubled from 2017 to 2019, increasing by 110.2 percent....
- Petition Summary: Methionine from France, Japan, and Spain
On July 29, 2020, Novus International, Inc. (“Petitioner”), filed a petition for the imposition of antidumping duties on methionine from France, Japan, and Spain. SCOPE OF THE INVESTIGATION The merchandise covered by this investigation is methionine and precursors to methionine, including dl-Hydroxy analogue of dl-methionine, also known as 2-Hydroxy 4-(Methylthio) Butanoic acid (HMTBa), regardless of...
- Updated: Guide To Financial Support Measures Across Europe And The Middle East
We have updated our guide setting our the financial support measures available to companies with updates from France, the Czech Republic and Italy . Click here to access the updated guide.
- U.S. Targets French Luxury and Beauty Imports in Response to Digital Tax – 25% Tariffs on $1.3 Billion in French Imports Proposed
On July 10, USTR published a notice of action in the Section 301 investigation of France’s digital services tax announcing the imposition of additional 25 percent duties on certain products from France covering an estimated $1.3 billion of trade. The additional tariffs are effective January 6, 2021, pursuant to a 180-day suspension period. A comprehensive list of...
- E coli warning for imported luxury cheese
Russell Jackson of The Scotsman reports that the Food Standards Agency issued an urgent Food Alert about Camembert and Coulommiers cheese and Le Gaslonde unpasteurised butter because of possible contamination with a potentially lethal strain of E coli food poisoning. The dairy products subject to...
- Lawyer2Lawyer: Fun, Sun and CLE
CLE providers are linking continuing education with exotic locales, from Paris to Florence to Machu Picchu. This week on the legal-affairs podcast Lawyer2Lawyer, we discuss the pros and cons of CLE travel programs. Joining us are Costa Mesa, Calif., lawyer Jamie Duarte, who has been organizing CLE...
- Workplace Bullying Linked to Insomnia
Workplace bullying leads to insomnia, even for those co-workers who merely observe the harassment. In a study conducted of middle aged persons in France, men and women who suffered some harassment at work were twice as likely to suffer sleeping problems. For the study, they defined bullying as...
- A Memorial Day Tribute
About ten years ago this month, I made a trek to France and visited the beaches of Normandy. It’s a breathtaking place. But in the midst of the beauty of the coastline is the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial. Spread out over 175 acres, nearly 10,000 U.S. soldiers are buried there. Row after...
- Cycling's Contador Cleared for Illicit Cattle Drug
Three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador was cleared of doping charges Tuesday after the Spanish cycling federation decided he should not be banned for testing positive for clenbuterol. A minute trace of the muscle-building and fat-burning drug, used illicitly to produce leaner meat more...
- You’re Not the Boss of Me: How INTERPOL Got to Keep Its Headquarters in France, Without Being Governed by French Law (and Why Red Notice Subjects Have Access to Their Files)
As INTERPOL has developed over time, it has experienced the growing pains that normally attend any large and relatively complex entity, and also some that are more specific to its own, unusual functions. In his book that I love, The Legal Foundations of INTERPOL, Rutsel Silvestre J. Martha touched ...
- CNIL Official Provides Insight Into EU Privacy Law Reform
CNIL official comments on BCRs, accountability principle, and applicable law at AmCham event in Paris; provides timetable for EU privacy law reform, as described in this blog entry....
- Warning Tied to France's Botulism Outbreak
The United Kingdom’s Food Standards Agency Thursday issued a specific warning about artisan foods linked to a potentially deadly botulism outbreak in France. Residents and visitors to France were warned not to eat what the English call pastes or spreads, and the French call tapenade, from an...
- The CNIL provides guidance to comply with French cookie legislation
- FDA Warning Letters: April 17, 2012 Update
From the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning letters posted since our April 10, 2012 udpate: – Société Fromagere de Bouvron of Bouvron, France, which imports cheese to the U.S., was warned that a December 2011 inspection of the company’s processing facility revealed, among other things, that...